Google

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Over One Roadblock, Onto the Next

Ok, well, I called the insurance company and it turns out that they're being punks just because they want to be. Seriously. I'm not kidding! I spoke to someone, we'll call her Luisa, and she said that they were investigating me for pre existing conditions. I said, well, I thought that if I had insurance up until I got this new plan, that the pre existing clause didn't count. She agreed. I said, so what's the problem, since I did have insurance. Luisa informed me that they just wanted to investigate it and it could take months. I asked her what they needed. All they want is a letter saying that I was insured by Medi-Cal before I got this new plan. I said, why would it take months to ask for a damn letter? I'll get the damn letter for you. So, then, she gives me a mailing address. I said, wouldn't it be faster if they could just fax the letter to you? Of course it would be faster! It's like she'd never heard of technology. And even then, it was like pulling teeth to get a fax number. She said that the case worker would have to call this one phone number and then they'd direct her to a person who would give her a fax number. I said, what is this? Are you guy's the CIA or something? Why does she have to call a bunch of numbers, wait on line, get transfered around to get a fax number? Just give me the damn number now and I'll get you the damn letter! Why is that so difficult? This isn't cloak and dagger. It's just a fucking letter! What a bunch of bullshit.

So, to conclude this annoyingly frustrating story, after they get the letter and update their information they'll pay on our claims and everyone will be happy. I also asked her why they didn't let us know that that's what they needed months ago when they started getting the claims? You know what Luisa said? Because they wanted to investigate it. What kind of nonsense is that? It's mindboggling. This is why our rates are high. It's not because people are sick. It's because they have all these incompetents spending time on stuff that could take a 20 minute phone call at the most to get the information. So, the lesson here is, don't go around to the back door, when the front door is wide open.

My husband's heart calmed down after I told him how easy (knock on wood) that this will be, so I think he won't need a quadruple bipass too soon. We may be able to put the heart attack off for a little while longer. Ugh!

1 Comments:

At 10:09 PM, Blogger Kerrie said...

How incredibly frustrating! Great job getting to the bottom of it. :)

Kerrie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home