Google

Friday, September 16, 2005

Bad Omens

My favorite animal is the elephant. This animal is one of the few animals who display the quality of compassion. They have long memories and honor their ancestors by returning time and again to the place of their death and inspecting their old bones. They fondle the bones, almost as if they were comforted that they were with them, and with obvious love. The mothers are very good and take wonderful care of their own children. If a mother in the herd dies, then another mother from that herd will immediately adopt her baby and will take care of it as if it was her own. They're quite extraordinary animals.

Because I love the elephant so much, my dream last night shocked me the more. I dreamed that a herd of elephants was stampeding over my head. I woke up with a start and tried to go back to sleep, but had the same nightmare over and over. I was awakened by a high pain level at 2:30am. I should have known. I took 2 dilauded and tried to go back to sleep.

It didn't help that after I got up for the medicine, my new kitten (about 3 months old, now), woke up and saw me. After that, she wanted me to get up and play with her, so she kept scratching at the door. I'm trying to get her used to staying in the living room with the other kitties while I sleep in the bedroom. She was getting to active in bed, so I know it's time for her to be out on her own. This is her first week. It's just like taking a baby off the bottle, folks. lol

So, I got up and squirted her, in a daze, with the watter bottle. She stopped scratching. But, the damage was already done. My other kitty, Grace, decided that she wanted me to get up and play with them, too. So, now she's scratching at the door. I got up to squirt her. You know what's funny about this? She ran away from the door and was laying down on the kitchen floor, trying to act innocent, by the time I got to the door, leaving the baby kitten, Keiko, standing at the door. Isn't that just like an older "sister"? When I was a kid, my brothers and I used to talk our youngest brother into going to ask my mom for something, because we knew she'd probably let us do whatever it was, if he asked. At least, that was our theory. lol

So, I went back to bed in a stupor and fell asleep. Of course, Grace came back and scratched at the door. This really pissed Stu off, so he ran around the living room, chasing her with the spray bottle, thinking a good dousing would calm her down. But, Grace is very stubborn and of course, that didn't disuade her. A couple hours later she did it again and this time, my husband was really angry. I could hear him chasing her and cussing, "Damn cats!". The last straw, for me, was when he chased her right into our bedroom where she decided to hide under my side of the bed. So, he's squatting down next to me, swearing, squirting and trying to catch her to put her out of the room.

I said, "Alright! I'm taking over from here. Go back to bed, Stu!". I was really irritated at this point. I'm in pain, trying to sleep with a migraine, doped up until I could barely see, my kitty is being very naughty (and unlike the baby, she knows better), and there's a madman chasing the cats around the house and under my bed. So, Stu went back to bed and I went out and calmly opened a can of soft food for the cats which got them busy with a quiet activity, eating. And, I went back to sleep on the couch. Now, let me ask you something. Why can I think of doing that, in a drugged up stupor, but a 47 year old, sane (?) man, not think of it? Is it a woman thing? Oy vey! Sometimes, I think it's probably good that he didn't have a baby.

Half an hour later, my daughter woke up and my husband came out of the room for breakfast, because he couldn't go back to sleep, and it was time for "Grand Central" to open. I am barely holding my sanity by this point and my eyes need toothpicks to stay open. Stu is pouting and fussing. Olivia is moving as slow as molasses in January and needs to put a hustle on, so she can leave for school on time. And, here I am, trying to keep her going, because Stu's already mad and I knew that he'd just get pissy with her for moving slow. I don't like Olivia to start her day off with getting balled out at home. It makes for a bad day. But, motivating her in the morning is an accomplishment worthy of a medal and I commend my husband for doing it every morning, without me.

Obviously, this was not a very good start to my day and here I am, still with a pain level of 7, contemplating whether or not to take more dilauded or fioricet or if I should just divorce my family and get custody of the cats, (kidding), nauseaus as all get out, wanting it to all just go away.

Do you think that having a dream about Elephants squashing your head could be a bad omen? It certainly isn't very auspicious, is it? Oh, hep meh, hep meh Jesus! as my mama used to say.

4 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Blogger Leann said...

Funny kittie story. I had three of my own.

Good luck with the migrains!

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Me said...

Maybe the elephants just wanted to caress your skull to make you feel better? (ok...so dream analysis isn't my forte, lol).

I can sympathize with your cat situation. My cat is now 16½ but still tries to lure me into playing with her. Luckily, she doesn't scratch at the bedroom door anymore. I promised my husband that our bedroom would be a "fur-free zone".

I hope you feeling better.

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

nike outlet, coach outlet store online, longchamp handbags, michael kors outlet online, burberry outlet online, louis vuitton outlet online, chanel handbags, michael kors outlet online, tiffany and co jewelry, michael kors handbags, prada outlet, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton handbags, kate spade outlet, louis vuitton, ray ban outlet, coach outlet, oakley vault, longchamp outlet online, christian louboutin, true religion, louis vuitton outlet, jordan shoes, coach purses, coach outlet, nike air max, nike free, kate spade outlet online, michael kors outlet store, louis vuitton outlet, tiffany jewelry, red bottom shoes, tory burch outlet online, gucci handbags, polo ralph lauren, longchamp outlet, burberry outlet online, michael kors outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, christian louboutin outlet, true religion outlet, christian louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet online, ray ban sunglasses, cheap oakley sunglasses, prada handbags, nike air maxb

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

moncler outlet, wedding dress, supra shoes, uggs canada, louboutin, coach outlet, canada goose, air max, ugg, lancel, moncler, converse, moncler outlet, louis vuitton canada, thomas sabo uk, moncler, pandora charms, canada goose, juicy couture outlet, links of london uk, swarovski uk, replica watches, juicy couture outlet, moncler, nike air max, swarovski jewelry, timberland shoes, montre femme, hollister, oakley, moncler, hollister clothing, ray ban, hollister canada, pandora uk, vans, pandora jewelry, baseball bats, ralph lauren, gucci, parajumpers outlet, converse shoes, moncler, canada goose pas cher, iphone 6 case, karen millen, canada goose, toms outlet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home