Google

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Another Ghastly Nightmare

I woke up this morning because of a bad dream. I believe that most dreams accomplish a few things: 1) it's like our brains taking out the garbage and B) it's to tell us about ourselves, our innermost desires and thoughts, and our physical condition and 3) rarely, to warn us of the future. I've studied dream interpretation and it always seemed to come naturally to me before that.

Early this morning, I dreamt that I was babysitting a baby and a friend came over to visit. He lit a cigarette in the bathroom, on the sly, and, we didn't know there was a gas leak in the house so it exploded with all of us in it. I saw myself burned to death and just before it reached the baby, I threw it out the door in order to possibly save it. No doubt that that didn't turn out so good either.

Here's the interpretation of my nightmare:

Baby's are symbolic of a new change in your life, or a new idea, or something you're about to grow. I used to have lots of baby dreams when I was starting up a new business. In my "free" time, I used to help people start-up their businesses and I ran two of my own.

The explosion, obviously, was my migraine. I woke up with a level 6 migraine, a stiff neck and an occular migraine, pain level 8. It's going to be one of those days, again.

My friend, (who isn't really my friend anymore, because he cheated on his wife, who was my best friend at the time), doing what he did, was a symbol that I don't feel like I have control over my own life or body right now.

Burning to a crisp was very painful and I think another image of my migraine.

I think the baby symbolized my new medication and how I wanted to take care that the new plan wouldn't be ruined by the other aspects of my life and health. I was very worried about the baby in my dream and it symbolizes my anxiety about whether this new medication is actually going to work when I start it.

So, there you have it in a nutshell, I'm very nervous right now and I hope the meds will work. My mother-in-law is going to pick them up for me today and I'll start the new treatment plan this afternoon or tomorrow morning depending on the directions. I can't wait to start it, but at the same time, I can't help the accompanying anxiety.

Now, I'm going to go meditate on openness and being receptive of the good that is going to come my way, if not by this treatment, then by another. I'm going to meditate on my worthiness to be free from pain and suffering.