Google

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Protecting

Recently, I saw a post on a migraine forum I visit. It read something like this, "Do you find your self pretending things are fine or watering down your pain level to protect the people around you." My first reaction was, "Hell, no!" I mean, why would I do that? It perpetuates the problem of not being taken seriously about your disease. I don't think I understood what she was saying, the way she meant it.

Today, I had a blinding pain in my head. One of those migraines, actually it was probably a cluster headache, that knocks you to your knees. I've been taking fioricet since 6:30 this morning and the pain level just won't go below 7. I was sweating, (and I never sweat, because I have a disease that keeps me cold constantly), because the pain was so strong before I took the meds. I am so nauseaus that I didn't eat today. Oh, wait, I take that back, I had about a 1/4 cup of Kraft mac-n-cheese. It was leftover from a couple of days ago, so I only had to nuke it. It's my current comfort food. Usually, my comfort food is chicken wan-tan soup, but I switched to m-n-c, recently. I'm so nauseaus it's not even funny. Ok, so I have to wrap this up, because my head's whining.

Anyway, I didn't tell my husband or daughter how bad it was. (Btw, I've named my migraine, Ghengis Khan, so if I call it that, you'll know why). When the pain gets really bad, I just went in the bathroom and paced. It's a small bathroom, but it's good for about 4 paces, before I have to turn around. And I washed my face with cold water. Then I came back out with an, "I'm ok, not great, but ok" attitude.

So, humbled, I have to admit that, yes, I do try to protect my loved ones.

I only have one more thing to say and that is that, I really need a narcotic that I can keep around the house that I can use when things get this bad. All I can think about today is how much I want to be able to give myself the narc cocktail and just sink into peaceful, painless, bliss. I'm starting to get desperate, which is what I was worried about, because I still have a week to go until I see that pain management doctor. I have a strong feeling that I'm not going to make it without a narc cocktail before then.

Gotta go take some drugs, now.

7 Comments:

At 4:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jertielshit xaikalitag Offerncaf [url=http://uillumaror.com]iziananatt[/url] Weackendala http://gusannghor.com Anerhoole

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

chanel handbags, gucci handbags, tiffany jewelry, jordan shoes, polo ralph lauren, christian louboutin shoes, christian louboutin outlet, oakley sunglasses, kate spade handbags, oakley vault, prada outlet, nike free, louis vuitton outlet, coach purses, coach outlet, kate spade outlet online, louboutin shoes, coach outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, coach outlet store online, nike shoes, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton, longchamp handbags, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet store, longchamp outlet, michael kors outlet online, louis vuitton outlet online, tiffany and co jewelry, burberry outlet online, nike air max, prada handbags, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet online, longchamp outlet online, cheap oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet online, tory burch outlet, burberry outlet online, red bottom shoes, nike air max, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban outlet

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

asics shoes, rolex watches, ugg outlet, new balance outlet, north face jackets, mac cosmeticas, valentino shoes, jimmy choo shoes, bottega veneta, barbour, nike roshe, birkin bag, p90x workout, nike trainers, celine handbags, roshe run, ferragamo shoes, hollister, beats headphones, nike huarache, reebok shoes, soccer shoes, ugg soldes, instyler ionic styler, insanity workout, north face outlet, marc jacobs outlet, soccer jerseys, uggs on sale, giuseppe zanotti, abercrombie and fitch, longchamp, mcm handbags, vans outlet, ugg, lululemon outlet, nfl jerseys, abercrombie and fitch, wedding dresses, uggs outlet, chi flat iron, mont blanc pens, babyliss pro, ghd, herve leger

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

timberland shoes, lancel, moncler, air max, hollister canada, moncler, oakley, converse, ugg boots, canada goose, ray ban, canada goose, vans, canada goose uk, baseball bats, juicy couture outlet, moncler, hollister, moncler, converse shoes, toms outlet, uggs canada, moncler, hollister clothing, canada goose outlet, moncler outlet, ugg, supra shoes, montre femme, gucci, replica watches, canada goose outlet, nike air max, karen millen, canada goose, canada goose pas cher, canada goose outlet, iphone 6 case, coach outlet, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton canada, ralph lauren, wedding dress, moncler, parajumpers outlet, louboutin

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger chenlili said...

polo ralph lauren
supreme uk
north face jackets
ugg boots
ugg boots
nike dunks
michael kors outlet
hermes outlet
adidas football boots
coach
20183.19chenjinyan

 
At 12:10 AM, Anonymous Obat Untuk Mengobati penyakit osteoarthritis said...

This article is interesting and useful. And let me share an article about health which insha Allah will be very useful if we use it again for others.

 
At 11:45 PM, Anonymous Obat Tukak Lambung Paling Ampuh said...

Thank you, the article is very petrifying, hopefully it can be useful for everyone.

Cara Mengobati Penyakit Aritmia
Cara Mengobati Kram Dan Kesemutan Pada Tangan Dan Kaki
Tips Paling Jitu Untuk Mengatasi Penyakit Demam Berdarah Dengue
Obat Penghancur Batu Ginjal Paling Ampuh
Tips Paling Ampuh Untuk Pengobatan Meningitis
Obat Herbal Untuk Penyakit Kolera

 

Post a Comment

<< Home