Google

Monday, May 01, 2006

Fat Tuesday

Ok, so, you know way more about me than you ever wanted to as it is, so I figure, what's another tidbit of meaningless trivia added to the already overflowing pile of manure I've previously sold you? Here it is, on the house:

My favorite night of the week is Tuesday. Why? Because, no matter what other shit is going on with my life; no matter how badly life sucks; no matter how much my head hurts or how angry and bitter I am with the world, I laugh on Tuesdays.

Two of my most favorite shows are on the tele Tuesday nights and if you've never watched them, you absolutely must, especially if your life sucks like mine and you don't have much to laugh about on a regular basis. It'll make you laugh your freakin' ass off and for a couple hours you can forget all about your sorrows, yeah? Yeah.

(Click on the links for pictures)

First, there's House. House is a brilliant diagnostician with an attitude twenty miles wide who doesn't give a shit about anyone not named House. Ya gotta love a guy who's so self-assured that nothing anyone else ever says, does or thinks makes a bit of difference to him. There's nothing sexier in my book. As a bonus, he is in chronic pain from a leg injury and pops vicodin throughout the show. What's not to love, I ask you? He totally makes me laugh.

If you want to know what my sense of humor is like, or the kind of person I aspire to be one day, it's him. He's the MAN. Not to mention, Hugh Laurie is totally adorable. (Ever see him in a tux? Ooh la la! The pics don't do him justice. He puts the Dash in Dashing!) Just look at those long legs and such a cute little ... well, you know what I mean. In the romantic fantasies department, the British category is a very, very short list. There are exactly five British men on my list, (one woman, tee-hee, jk, but I bet that woke you up, right?). He's the third man down. A total cutie patootie. :) 9pm, FOX

Next, there's Boston Legal. Since I was a teenager, I've loved James Spader, (this pic is how I remember him when I was a kid and he was a teen hearthrob with most of the girls). He's always been able to make me laugh and is a fantastic actor. Pairing him with Captain Kirk, how can you go wrong? It would be like putting Val Kilmer with Spock. Perfect fit. I even have a picture of the boys in their Halloween flamingo costumes on my "mantle". Well, ok, it's not so much a mantle as it is the top of our "entertainment center". The entertainment center isn't so much a center as it is a black painted steel shelving unit, very minimalist. But, it's in a place of honour is my point, where I can see it for "residual" laughs throughout the week when I need them. And, the eye candy doesn't stop with Spader and Shatner, although if you saw them in their flamingo outfits, you'd see some gorgeous legs on those boys. Anyway, there's also, Mark Valley and I'm a huge fan of his. He's a hottie. Used to play Keen Eddie, which was my fave show and also hilarious, for awhile, 'til the network execs took it off the air! (Buttheads on BRAVO think they know what they're doing-psh! Not! Grr. Sorry, random residual rant, comes up every once in awhile. Can't help it.) The show is freakin' hilarious and if you liked Ally McBeal, you'll like this. But, if you didn't like Ally McBeal, then you'll really, really like BL. :) NBC, 10 pm.

Lemme know what you think after you give these two shows a shot. Leave a comment. (I get lonely when you don't.)

Between these two shows, all the pain, angst and trauma stress from the week, melt away for two solid hours. I'm not a huge fan of tv, preferring to read instead, but I love Tuesday nights.

9 Comments:

At 5:31 PM, Blogger Jackie said...

oh my goodness! I totally love HOUSE too! I watch it all the time! I've never gotten into Bostin Legal, but I may have to give it a chance.

I hear you on the "wanting to be like House" bit. And I'm all about his sense of humor!

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Penelope Marzec said...

I guess I'm going to have to tune in on Tuesday night and see what House is all about.

 
At 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOOOOOVE HOUSE!!! I never miss it. I have ever episode set to record, but I never have to actually record it because I am always tuned in, on the edge of my seat!

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger The Rainbow Zebra said...

I'm sorry I didn't start watching House from the beginning, but I'm planning on renting the DVDs this summer and getting caught up.

I *heart* Boston Legal!!! I totally melt when Spader is giving one of his awesome closing speeches in court.

Danny Crane. ::giggle::

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

chanel handbags, gucci handbags, tiffany jewelry, jordan shoes, polo ralph lauren, christian louboutin shoes, christian louboutin outlet, oakley sunglasses, kate spade handbags, oakley vault, prada outlet, nike free, louis vuitton outlet, coach purses, coach outlet, kate spade outlet online, louboutin shoes, coach outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, coach outlet store online, nike shoes, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton, longchamp handbags, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet store, longchamp outlet, michael kors outlet online, louis vuitton outlet online, tiffany and co jewelry, burberry outlet online, nike air max, prada handbags, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet online, longchamp outlet online, cheap oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet online, tory burch outlet, burberry outlet online, red bottom shoes, nike air max, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban outlet

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

asics shoes, rolex watches, ugg outlet, new balance outlet, north face jackets, mac cosmeticas, valentino shoes, jimmy choo shoes, bottega veneta, barbour, nike roshe, birkin bag, p90x workout, nike trainers, celine handbags, roshe run, ferragamo shoes, hollister, beats headphones, nike huarache, reebok shoes, soccer shoes, ugg soldes, instyler ionic styler, insanity workout, north face outlet, marc jacobs outlet, soccer jerseys, uggs on sale, giuseppe zanotti, abercrombie and fitch, longchamp, mcm handbags, vans outlet, ugg, lululemon outlet, nfl jerseys, abercrombie and fitch, wedding dresses, uggs outlet, chi flat iron, mont blanc pens, babyliss pro, ghd, herve leger

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

timberland shoes, lancel, moncler, air max, hollister canada, moncler, oakley, converse, ugg boots, canada goose, ray ban, canada goose, vans, canada goose uk, baseball bats, juicy couture outlet, moncler, hollister, moncler, converse shoes, toms outlet, uggs canada, moncler, hollister clothing, canada goose outlet, moncler outlet, ugg, supra shoes, montre femme, gucci, replica watches, canada goose outlet, nike air max, karen millen, canada goose, canada goose pas cher, canada goose outlet, iphone 6 case, coach outlet, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton canada, ralph lauren, wedding dress, moncler, parajumpers outlet, louboutin

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger 5689 said...

zzzzz2018.7.30
kate spade outlet
christian louboutin sale
ugg boots
pandora jewelry
kate spade outlet
longchamp handbags
ugg boots
nike outlet
yeezy boost 350 v2
moncler online outlet

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

www1016
pandora charms
adidas nmd
champion clothing
kate spade handbags
ugg boots
clarks shoes
moncler jacket
coach outlet online
christian louboutin outlet
ugg outlet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home