Google

Sunday, March 12, 2006

It's Not a Monty Python Sketch

Because if it was, it would be funny. Instead, it's my life. Ok, so still waiting to hear about when my surgery will be scheduled. Insurance hasn't yet approved it and they're making a stink about paying any of my bills, citing that I owe them some paperwork, which they have, twice now already. I'm going to have to deal with them and that pisses me off, because I've already done all of this, twice already! Grrr. I think this is called an anti-climax, but since my life is life and not a book, that doesn't really matter. The ggod thing is that I'm not in horrible pain right now. The sinus infection is gone, so are those headaches. So, the raise in meds worked. It makes me fall asleep at the oddest times, which would be funny if I was like 90 y/o! But, at 33, the joke tends to be lost on most.

I finished the writing class. I know y'all have just been dying to read my posts again, right? lol Alright, don't everyone jump up at once. So, now I'll be freed up to write a little more often, but still working on the novel.

I have something to say to, well, everyone. Now, don't look at me that way. I know I always have somethign to say, but if this was a Monty Python sketch, which it isn't, (just in case that wasn't obvious already), I'd be saying, "And now, for something completely different!"

I don't know about you, but growing up, I always learned about all these artists like Edgar Allan Poe, Andy Warhol, the Beatles, and about a million other dudes, (why is the list all male? Hmm. Interesting), that they were on drugs. E. A. Poe took cocaine while he wrote The Raven; or Andy Warhol was on LSD when he painted; or the Beatles were on (fill in the blank with drug of choice)___ while they performed or wrote their music. Bull shit!

It took me 3x as long as the other students to finish my damned assignments because of these freakin' drugs. Even just the patches slow me way down. I can feel it. It's aweful. There's no way that anyone not in thier right minds could write or do the brilliant things that artists do if they're on drugs. Now, that's not to say that you couldn't use your drug experience or the bizarre things you see while on drugs as subject matter of what you write, but I'm just saying that there's no way that you can write and make sense while you're under the influence to that extent. Even just a li'l influence, like what I've got now, is enough to slow me down so much that it's just like plodding through pea soup to get the bloody thing done, but that just makes me mad and more determined to do it.

Ok, rant over. So, what are you going to say next time you hear that? Bull shit. Very good. Thank you.

6 Comments:

At 5:42 PM, Blogger Jackie said...

I've always felt that way about artist on drugs. I wonder if maybe since they don't have pain and take the drugs, it has the opposite effect and speeds them up? But I like you, get totally slowed down when on drugs! Last week I went to bed at 6:30pm and stayed there until 6:30am. Oh that's right, I'm not 82, but 22.
Maybe one day they will find a drug that takes away the pain, but leaves you feeling normal!

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger Penelope Marzec said...

Maybe if those artists and writers had not used drugs they would have been far more successful. Poor Poe. He died young and had a miserable life.

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger themigrainegirl said...

I've just started my own migraine blog and wanted to see what else was out there. Your story, like so many other people's, just breaks my heart. I really hope this is a miracle cure for you.

Also, I am getting an advanced degree in creativity studies and have done lots of reading on drugs and creativity. If you're interested in reading any research articles, let me know and I can send you some links.

In the meantime, check out my page if you get a chance.

Good luck, Jessica!

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

nike outlet, coach outlet store online, longchamp handbags, michael kors outlet online, burberry outlet online, louis vuitton outlet online, chanel handbags, michael kors outlet online, tiffany and co jewelry, michael kors handbags, prada outlet, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton handbags, kate spade outlet, louis vuitton, ray ban outlet, coach outlet, oakley vault, longchamp outlet online, christian louboutin, true religion, louis vuitton outlet, jordan shoes, coach purses, coach outlet, nike air max, nike free, kate spade outlet online, michael kors outlet store, louis vuitton outlet, tiffany jewelry, red bottom shoes, tory burch outlet online, gucci handbags, polo ralph lauren, longchamp outlet, burberry outlet online, michael kors outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, christian louboutin outlet, true religion outlet, christian louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet online, ray ban sunglasses, cheap oakley sunglasses, prada handbags, nike air max

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

wedding dresses, mac cosmetics, soccer shoes, soccer jerseys, canada goose outlet, insanity workout, canada goose, p90x workout, abercrombie and fitch, longchamp, nfl jerseys, ugg soldes, instyler ionic styler, giuseppe zanotti, canada goose outlet, reebok shoes, ghd, herve leger, nike huarache, ugg outlet, bottega veneta, jimmy choo shoes, celine handbags, ferragamo shoes, ugg, canada goose outlet, babyliss, mcm handbags, uggs outlet, asics shoes, north face jackets, lululemon outlet, north face jackets, hollister, marc jacobs outlet, replica watches, valentino shoes, uggs on sale, birkin bag, uggs outlet, nike roshe, vans outlet, chi flat iron, new balance outlet, nike trainers, beats headphones, ugg boots, mont blanc pens, ugg boots

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

moncler outlet, wedding dress, supra shoes, uggs canada, louboutin, coach outlet, canada goose, air max, ugg, lancel, moncler, converse, moncler outlet, louis vuitton canada, thomas sabo uk, moncler, pandora charms, canada goose, juicy couture outlet, links of london uk, swarovski uk, replica watches, juicy couture outlet, moncler, nike air max, swarovski jewelry, timberland shoes, montre femme, hollister, oakley, moncler, hollister clothing, ray ban, hollister canada, pandora uk, vans, pandora jewelry, baseball bats, ralph lauren, gucci, parajumpers outlet, converse shoes, moncler, canada goose pas cher, iphone 6 case, karen millen, canada goose, toms outlet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home