Google

Friday, February 03, 2006

Plan B Part Deux

I told you that I'd let you know what I decided my plan b would be, right? Well, the only helpful recommendations you gave me was to read important books, (dude, can't read books, remember? I write about that alot and even wrote that in that particular post, but hey, don't worry about it, because I found a compromise that will make you happy), and try to find a new craft or hobby. Ok, so I have discovered that I can read an e-book if it's on the computer, because I can look straight ahead and don't have ot move my eyes in the same patern as I would if I read a print book. Score! So, I bought a really sweet romance novel, well 2 actually, and have started reading those.

The first one I couldn't put down. It's called A Rush of Light by Penelope Marzec and it's published by Awe-Struck books. The second one, I'm working my way through and it's also pretty good. I just didn't realize it was historical fiction/romance when I bought it and I'm not really into the Little House on the Prairie era, but I'm still liking the book and the characters. So, to make that reader happy, I am reading a book. lol Not only that, but I found out that I could get all and any of the classics FOR FREE online. Did you know that? There are a few resources, but the biggest one seems to be Project Gutenberg. You can download them for free and read all the classics. It's great.

I do have a hobby that I haven't indulged in for years. It's writing. I've always wanted to write a novel, so I've decided to do that. Now, I am working on two novels and the non-fiction book that I've been working on for three years, now. But, the novels are new and I'm really excited about trying my hand at them. Of course, I'd love to get published, but even if I didn't, just knowing that I finished writing a novel, would be rewarding in and of itself. So, the last couple of weeks, I joined some writing groups online and I started my novels. The first one, I've written about two chapters and the second one, I am still putting together the plot, but my characters are fleshed out for it.

My writing here may get a little more sporadic, but I'll still write. I'll probably just cut it down to 2-3 times a week, instead of trying for every day. I am really enjoying the process though. It's been enlightening, interesting, very challenging and engrossing.

So, see, I took your recommendations. I'm reading important books, (no, really, I am), and I found a new hobby/craft, or rather, rediscovered an old one.

Btw: I'm starting to get nervous about my surgery, so keep an eye out for my meltdowns, next week. lol

8 Comments:

At 3:48 PM, Blogger Penelope Marzec said...

I'm glad you are writing fiction! Don't give up. Novels are fun. :^)

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger eileen2000 said...

hi, this is my first time here. I read one of your posts on a migraine forum and liked your attitude and sense of humor. my husband john has had migraines for 12 years. The last two years they have been daily migraines and I am trying to do research for him.

I'm glad you were able to find a way to read. I wanted to mention something that John (my husband) found helpful for reading. He reads on his Palm Pilot because it is backlit and he can read in the dark. E-books can be downloaded to it as well as websites.

good luck on your surgery! eileen

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger The Rainbow Zebra said...

Congrats on reading and writing again :))

Still sending lots of good thoughts about your surgery ((hugs))

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Eileen: Please, let me know if I can be of any help in your research. I'd like to recommend some good sites. I've listed them in my links area on the right side of the blog page under Headache or something like that. The most important thing I can suggest is for your husband to see a pain management doctor. That is imperative. Neurologists don't know what the hell they're doing when it comes to chronic pain. You need someone who specializes in that, so see a PAIN MANAGEMENT DOCTOR and, even better, one who specializes in head and neck pain. But, really, any of them will work, because they know so much about the areas of the brain that control pain and all kinds of therapies. I've run the gammut from alternative medicine to western medicine and I think it's worth it to look into things like massage, chiropractic, biofeedback, accupuncture (especially), first, but when those don't work, you just have to see a PM Doc who can find a medical therapy that will work for you. I am so sorry your husband is going through this. He's welcome to email me, if he needs to talk to someone who understands what he's going through or he can go to Rhonda's migraine forum where he'll get empathetic support as well as the most current treatments that are truly helpful.

Jessi

 
At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also enjoy www.bartleby.com for online books and poetry.

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

chanel handbags, gucci handbags, tiffany jewelry, jordan shoes, polo ralph lauren, christian louboutin shoes, christian louboutin outlet, oakley sunglasses, kate spade handbags, oakley vault, prada outlet, nike free, louis vuitton outlet, coach purses, coach outlet, kate spade outlet online, louboutin shoes, coach outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, coach outlet store online, nike shoes, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton, longchamp handbags, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet store, longchamp outlet, michael kors outlet online, louis vuitton outlet online, tiffany and co jewelry, burberry outlet online, nike air max, prada handbags, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet online, longchamp outlet online, cheap oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet online, tory burch outlet, burberry outlet online, red bottom shoes, nike air max, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban outlet

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

asics shoes, rolex watches, ugg outlet, new balance outlet, north face jackets, mac cosmeticas, valentino shoes, jimmy choo shoes, bottega veneta, barbour, nike roshe, birkin bag, p90x workout, nike trainers, celine handbags, roshe run, ferragamo shoes, hollister, beats headphones, nike huarache, reebok shoes, soccer shoes, ugg soldes, instyler ionic styler, insanity workout, north face outlet, marc jacobs outlet, soccer jerseys, uggs on sale, giuseppe zanotti, abercrombie and fitch, longchamp, mcm handbags, vans outlet, ugg, lululemon outlet, nfl jerseys, abercrombie and fitch, wedding dresses, uggs outlet, chi flat iron, mont blanc pens, babyliss pro, ghd, herve leger

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

timberland shoes, lancel, moncler, air max, hollister canada, moncler, oakley, converse, ugg boots, canada goose, ray ban, canada goose, vans, canada goose uk, baseball bats, juicy couture outlet, moncler, hollister, moncler, converse shoes, toms outlet, uggs canada, moncler, hollister clothing, canada goose outlet, moncler outlet, ugg, supra shoes, montre femme, gucci, replica watches, canada goose outlet, nike air max, karen millen, canada goose, canada goose pas cher, canada goose outlet, iphone 6 case, coach outlet, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton canada, ralph lauren, wedding dress, moncler, parajumpers outlet, louboutin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home