Google

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Doing A Li'l Better

Well, like the title says, I'm doing better. I think the trigger shots helped. My head still hurts, but the pain level is staying around 4 and 5. That's bearable. By "bearable" I mean that if I have to keep from taking the Fioricet, I can deal with the pain.

You know what's scary? I recently started disassociating from the pain when it gets to a 9 or 10. What I mean by that is that I have an out-of-body experience, so it's like I'm looking down at my body going through all the pain. Last time, I had to keep bringing myself back and it was really hard to do, because all I wanted was to be out of pain.

A long time ago, when I was raped in College, I did the same thing. I know it's just a way that the brain tries to protect you from the pain of what's happening to you, but it's not healthy and not good for you. It really isn't.

I kept telling myself to stay in the here and now. It became a sort of meditative chant. "Stay present, stay present, stay present". Do you know how hard that is to do when you're in so much pain? I just wanted to be out of pain, that's all. I wanted to be out of my body. I wanted to leave the pain behind and go into another place.

I did it, though. I stayed present. I've blogged about the important of Presence before, but I haven't blogged about staying present. There's a difference.Maybe that'll be my next entry. It's a deep belief of mine and encompasses alot of the other things I've talked about before like Presence, not thinking Wishfully, having Hope, dealing with Reality. Especially dealing with reality. I'm a practical person and and want to always deal with reality rather than going into denial or living in a fantasy land. But, when you're in extreme pain, it's really not an easy thing to do.

I wonder if other migraneurs have had this same experience or not? If you're a migraneur, please leave a comment and let me know. And if you have had that experience, how did you deal with it?

3 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

chanel handbags, gucci handbags, tiffany jewelry, jordan shoes, polo ralph lauren, christian louboutin shoes, christian louboutin outlet, oakley sunglasses, kate spade handbags, oakley vault, prada outlet, nike free, louis vuitton outlet, coach purses, coach outlet, kate spade outlet online, louboutin shoes, coach outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, coach outlet store online, nike shoes, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton, longchamp handbags, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet store, longchamp outlet, michael kors outlet online, louis vuitton outlet online, tiffany and co jewelry, burberry outlet online, nike air max, prada handbags, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet online, longchamp outlet online, cheap oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet online, tory burch outlet, burberry outlet online, red bottom shoes, nike air max, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban outlet

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

asics shoes, rolex watches, ugg outlet, new balance outlet, north face jackets, mac cosmeticas, valentino shoes, jimmy choo shoes, bottega veneta, barbour, nike roshe, birkin bag, p90x workout, nike trainers, celine handbags, roshe run, ferragamo shoes, hollister, beats headphones, nike huarache, reebok shoes, soccer shoes, ugg soldes, instyler ionic styler, insanity workout, north face outlet, marc jacobs outlet, soccer jerseys, uggs on sale, giuseppe zanotti, abercrombie and fitch, longchamp, mcm handbags, vans outlet, ugg, lululemon outlet, nfl jerseys, abercrombie and fitch, wedding dresses, uggs outlet, chi flat iron, mont blanc pens, babyliss pro, ghd, herve leger

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

timberland shoes, lancel, moncler, air max, hollister canada, moncler, oakley, converse, ugg boots, canada goose, ray ban, canada goose, vans, canada goose uk, baseball bats, juicy couture outlet, moncler, hollister, moncler, converse shoes, toms outlet, uggs canada, moncler, hollister clothing, canada goose outlet, moncler outlet, ugg, supra shoes, montre femme, gucci, replica watches, canada goose outlet, nike air max, karen millen, canada goose, canada goose pas cher, canada goose outlet, iphone 6 case, coach outlet, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton canada, ralph lauren, wedding dress, moncler, parajumpers outlet, louboutin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home