Google

Friday, July 22, 2005

I'm Just a Woman

I might blog twice today, but I just wanted to say this: I'm only human, I'm just a woman, as the song goes.

You've probably noticed that I swear sometimes. I've only started swearing in the past couple of years and I'll tell you why in a second. I grew up a "good" Christian and as such swearing was like a mortal sin. Well, a couple of years ago I was seeing a really good shrink and she told me that I should start swearing. lol I was totally schocked when she said that, but her reasons were very practical. It has it's place and it's purpose. See, when you swear, you just let out a burst of anger and it just leaves you. It's like giving it back and that way you don't keep all that anger bottled up inside of you. I had, and have alot of anger in me, because of shitty stuff (see?) that happened to me while I was growing up. I always bottled it up inside and it resulted in eating disorders, ulcers,etc. And really, I think I was just faking my way through life with a plastic smile plastered on my face. Being Christian and being "nice" are not the same thing. So, please don't misunderstand when I swear and then am also talking about God and scriptures. The one has nothing to do with the other in my mind. I'm just being me. The genuine, honest-to-goodness, flawed person that I am and nothing more than that. I'm not a saint and don't purport to be one. I'm not an important person. I'm just a woman and, hopefully, when you see me, you can see yourself, too, as a real person with real feelings and real problems and real flaws and real virtues.

4 Comments:

At 6:20 PM, Blogger Me said...

I always like that immediate rush of relief after a good round of swearing!

I have mellowed in my old age. I was much more apt to talk a "blue streak" when I was younger.

Still, sometimes, the only thing one can do is use a very choice word!

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

nike outlet, coach outlet store online, longchamp handbags, michael kors outlet online, burberry outlet online, louis vuitton outlet online, chanel handbags, michael kors outlet online, tiffany and co jewelry, michael kors handbags, prada outlet, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton handbags, kate spade outlet, louis vuitton, ray ban outlet, coach outlet, oakley vault, longchamp outlet online, christian louboutin, true religion, louis vuitton outlet, jordan shoes, coach purses, coach outlet, nike air max, nike free, kate spade outlet online, michael kors outlet store, louis vuitton outlet, tiffany jewelry, red bottom shoes, tory burch outlet online, gucci handbags, polo ralph lauren, longchamp outlet, burberry outlet online, michael kors outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, christian louboutin outlet, true religion outlet, christian louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet online, ray ban sunglasses, cheap oakley sunglasses, prada handbags, nike air max

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

wedding dresses, mac cosmetics, soccer shoes, soccer jerseys, canada goose outlet, insanity workout, canada goose, p90x workout, abercrombie and fitch, longchamp, nfl jerseys, ugg soldes, instyler ionic styler, giuseppe zanotti, canada goose outlet, reebok shoes, ghd, herve leger, nike huarache, ugg outlet, bottega veneta, jimmy choo shoes, celine handbags, ferragamo shoes, ugg, canada goose outlet, babyliss, mcm handbags, uggs outlet, asics shoes, north face jackets, lululemon outlet, north face jackets, hollister, marc jacobs outlet, replica watches, valentino shoes, uggs on sale, birkin bag, uggs outlet, nike roshe, vans outlet, chi flat iron, new balance outlet, nike trainers, beats headphones, ugg boots, mont blanc pens, ugg boots

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

moncler outlet, wedding dress, supra shoes, uggs canada, louboutin, coach outlet, canada goose, air max, ugg, lancel, moncler, converse, moncler outlet, louis vuitton canada, thomas sabo uk, moncler, pandora charms, canada goose, juicy couture outlet, links of london uk, swarovski uk, replica watches, juicy couture outlet, moncler, nike air max, swarovski jewelry, timberland shoes, montre femme, hollister, oakley, moncler, hollister clothing, ray ban, hollister canada, pandora uk, vans, pandora jewelry, baseball bats, ralph lauren, gucci, parajumpers outlet, converse shoes, moncler, canada goose pas cher, iphone 6 case, karen millen, canada goose, toms outlet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home