Google

Friday, January 14, 2005

Quiet After The Storm

I'm over my temper tantrum. I flare up so quickly over medical stuff. It's so hard to be at the mercy of people you don't know. It's hard to not be in control over what happens to your own body. I'm not a trusting person anyway. A bit of a cynic in fact.

But, I need to learn patience. I need to learn to be merciful toward those that slight me, so that I can receive mercy in return. I need to learn to be patient.

Patient, patient, patient. It seems to be my life's story these days. Patient waiting for the pharmacy to get a TAR from the Government, so that I can get some of my medications. Patient waiting for the doctors to give me an appointment. Patient waiting for the meds to work. Patient, waiting, patient, waiting, patient, waiting.

I have never been a very patient person. I know that now. When I wanted something, I went for it and got it. I wanted my husband, so I got him. I wanted nice furniture, so I got it. I wanted a beautiful apartment, so I got it. I wanted a good salary, so I got it. I wanted and I got it.

Now, I want and I have to wait. Now, I need and I have to wait. Now, I hurt and I have to wait. And they're simple things, too. But, I have to wait so long to get them.

I have come to realize that life really boils down to simple things. It's not about accumulation. It's not about image. It's not even about happiness. It's about love. It's about family. It's about having the basic necessities: food, water, shelter, clothing. And now, it's only about surviving day by day.

Survival of the fittest? I say it takes a greater brand of toughness to survive when you're unfit and in pain.

An aide to the Dalai Lama was almost killed once. When the Dalai Lama asked him if he was alright, he replied, "I am too old and too tough to kill, Holiness."

That's how I feel, too. I'm chronologically young, but experientially old and too tough to kill.

4 Comments:

At 4:21 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

nike outlet, coach outlet store online, longchamp handbags, michael kors outlet online, burberry outlet online, louis vuitton outlet online, chanel handbags, michael kors outlet online, tiffany and co jewelry, michael kors handbags, prada outlet, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton handbags, kate spade outlet, louis vuitton, ray ban outlet, coach outlet, oakley vault, longchamp outlet online, christian louboutin, true religion, louis vuitton outlet, jordan shoes, coach purses, coach outlet, nike air max, nike free, kate spade outlet online, michael kors outlet store, louis vuitton outlet, tiffany jewelry, red bottom shoes, tory burch outlet online, gucci handbags, polo ralph lauren, longchamp outlet, burberry outlet online, michael kors outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, christian louboutin outlet, true religion outlet, christian louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet online, ray ban sunglasses, cheap oakley sunglasses, prada handbags, nike air max

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

moncler outlet, wedding dress, supra shoes, uggs canada, louboutin, coach outlet, canada goose, air max, ugg, lancel, moncler, converse, moncler outlet, louis vuitton canada, thomas sabo uk, moncler, pandora charms, canada goose, juicy couture outlet, links of london uk, swarovski uk, replica watches, juicy couture outlet, moncler, nike air max, swarovski jewelry, timberland shoes, montre femme, hollister, oakley, moncler, hollister clothing, ray ban, hollister canada, pandora uk, vans, pandora jewelry, baseball bats, ralph lauren, gucci, parajumpers outlet, converse shoes, moncler, canada goose pas cher, iphone 6 case, karen millen, canada goose, toms outlet

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

jordan pas cher, chanel handbags, nike outlet, michael kors pas cher, kate spade outlet, replica watches, longchamp pas cher, nike free, jordan shoes, christian louboutin shoes, nike free run, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren, ugg boots, christian louboutin uk, air max, louis vuitton outlet, ugg boots, tiffany jewelry, polo ralph lauren outlet online, burberry pas cher, prada outlet, nike air max, gucci handbags, sac longchamp pas cher, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin pas cher, louis vuitton, uggs on sale, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, replica watches, nike roshe, polo outlet, oakley sunglasses, cheap oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses wholesale, christian louboutin, christian louboutin outlet, tory burch outlet

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

lululemon canada, nike air max, burberry outlet, oakley pas cher, burberry handbags, coach outlet store online, kate spade, michael kors outlet, michael kors, nike air force, true religion jeans, true religion outlet, michael kors, polo lacoste, nike tn, new balance, abercrombie and fitch uk, michael kors outlet, uggs outlet, michael kors outlet, ralph lauren uk, michael kors outlet online, replica handbags, coach outlet, true religion outlet, coach purses, nike free uk, sac vanessa bruno, mulberry uk, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet online, north face, uggs outlet, converse pas cher, hogan outlet, nike air max uk, hollister pas cher, sac hermes, nike roshe run uk, hollister uk, nike air max uk, true religion outlet, timberland pas cher, vans pas cher, ray ban pas cher, guess pas cher, ray ban uk

 

Post a Comment

<< Home