Google

Friday, January 07, 2005

A New Day

Woke up with a level 4 mig this morning and nausea that was, well, nauseating. I tell you, morning sickness has got nuttin' on the kind of nausea that comes with the migraines. It's horrible. Just these waves of sickness crashing up against you and rolling over you, well me. Guess I'm dissassociating a little.

I don't like to talk to Stu, my husband, about my symptoms anymore. It depresses him too much. He's been a rock for me these past couple years. I don't know how I found such a good man.

I just ate something yummy, and I feel sick to my tummy. I've taken phenergan already this morning. 25 mgs. I've asked my doc for Zofran. It's heavy duty for nausea. It's what they give chemotherapy patients. I had a shot last time I was in hospital (ER, Monday) and it was wonderful. Took care of it in less than 10 minutes.

I am trying to stay away from the fioricet today, because I took it yesterday, and it's making me have rebounds because I was taking it too often. It's hard, because I'm out of my Imitrex and I'm on medical, so that means that every time I need a new prescription they have to do something called a TAR and it can take up to 2 weeks or more to go through, sometimes. And then I only get enough for 2 shots. It's not enough to help me for a month. And then I go through the same thing all over again. *sigh*

I have maxalt, but it doesn't seem to work when I take it without the fioricet. Probably means it's not working for me. *shrug* I don't know if I'm going to make it without some prescription relief today, but I am going to try, like I do every day.

I am learning alot about medications that have worked for others from Ronda's Migraine Page. http://www.migrainepage.com/ It is a wonderful forum full of supportive fellow migraneurs. Fentanyl, Duragesic patch, Actiq lollipop, Cymbalta, Inderal, Stadol. I haven't tried these ones yet. It's nice to know there are meds that I haven't tried, yet, you know?

I have been thinking about asking my doc, who is wonderful!, for dilauded suppositories (or if it comes in pill that is better. I hate sticking stuff up my butt, lol). And for a prescription for Toradol injections. I am worried about having this stuff in the house though. No, not for my family, or my daughter. I am worried that I will use it often because I am in excruciating pain often and I don't like that idea. I am still debating whether it is better to drive the hour, go through the humiliation of being thought of as a drug seeker and criminal, to the ER to get this kind of treatment. I'll talk to my doc and let her decide what is best for me in this case, since I can't decide. But, I am feeling so desperate.

Only 3 more days until I can call UCSF and find out if Dr. Ahn or Dr. Raskin will accept my case. I want my trigger point shots so that I can have some quality of life. I'll still have migs even with the injections, but it's not as severe and the duration is cut down alot, and it's not every single day.

What are trigger point injections? Well, they take this big needle, full of steroid (cortisol, I think), lidocaine and something else. Then they stick that in my brain and inject. It's very painful, and the pain lasts for up to 3 days afterward. I will be flat on my back with an icepack on my head for those 3 days. Then presto! My h/a is gone for awhile, about 4-6 weeks for me. Most people it lasts anywhere from 1-3 months.

I'm hoping that Dr. Raskin or Dr. Ahn (whoever I see) will have some other options to offer me as well.

Guess that's enough for now. I am going to get dressed and try to act like a normal person for a little bit, until the pain worsens. Then, I'll be on my butt the rest of the day. Oy!

6 Comments:

At 5:37 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

I'm really glad you haven't had one, too. I hope you never do. Thanks for visiting! :) Jess

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

nike outlet, coach outlet store online, longchamp handbags, michael kors outlet online, burberry outlet online, louis vuitton outlet online, chanel handbags, michael kors outlet online, tiffany and co jewelry, michael kors handbags, prada outlet, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton handbags, kate spade outlet, louis vuitton, ray ban outlet, coach outlet, oakley vault, longchamp outlet online, christian louboutin, true religion, louis vuitton outlet, jordan shoes, coach purses, coach outlet, nike air max, nike free, kate spade outlet online, michael kors outlet store, louis vuitton outlet, tiffany jewelry, red bottom shoes, tory burch outlet online, gucci handbags, polo ralph lauren, longchamp outlet, burberry outlet online, michael kors outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, christian louboutin outlet, true religion outlet, christian louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet online, ray ban sunglasses, cheap oakley sunglasses, prada handbags, nike air max

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

wedding dresses, mac cosmetics, soccer shoes, soccer jerseys, canada goose outlet, insanity workout, canada goose, p90x workout, abercrombie and fitch, longchamp, nfl jerseys, ugg soldes, instyler ionic styler, giuseppe zanotti, canada goose outlet, reebok shoes, ghd, herve leger, nike huarache, ugg outlet, bottega veneta, jimmy choo shoes, celine handbags, ferragamo shoes, ugg, canada goose outlet, babyliss, mcm handbags, uggs outlet, asics shoes, north face jackets, lululemon outlet, north face jackets, hollister, marc jacobs outlet, replica watches, valentino shoes, uggs on sale, birkin bag, uggs outlet, nike roshe, vans outlet, chi flat iron, new balance outlet, nike trainers, beats headphones, ugg boots, mont blanc pens, ugg boots

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

moncler outlet, wedding dress, supra shoes, uggs canada, louboutin, coach outlet, canada goose, air max, ugg, lancel, moncler, converse, moncler outlet, louis vuitton canada, thomas sabo uk, moncler, pandora charms, canada goose, juicy couture outlet, links of london uk, swarovski uk, replica watches, juicy couture outlet, moncler, nike air max, swarovski jewelry, timberland shoes, montre femme, hollister, oakley, moncler, hollister clothing, ray ban, hollister canada, pandora uk, vans, pandora jewelry, baseball bats, ralph lauren, gucci, parajumpers outlet, converse shoes, moncler, canada goose pas cher, iphone 6 case, karen millen, canada goose, toms outlet

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

lululemon canada, nike air max, burberry outlet, oakley pas cher, burberry handbags, coach outlet store online, kate spade, michael kors outlet, michael kors, nike air force, true religion jeans, true religion outlet, michael kors, polo lacoste, nike tn, new balance, abercrombie and fitch uk, michael kors outlet, uggs outlet, michael kors outlet, ralph lauren uk, michael kors outlet online, replica handbags, coach outlet, true religion outlet, coach purses, nike free uk, sac vanessa bruno, mulberry uk, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet online, north face, uggs outlet, converse pas cher, hogan outlet, nike air max uk, hollister pas cher, sac hermes, nike roshe run uk, hollister uk, nike air max uk, true religion outlet, timberland pas cher, vans pas cher, ray ban pas cher, guess pas cher, ray ban uk

 
At 1:29 AM, Anonymous Obat Kaki Bengkak said...

Whatever the disease there must be a cure. Thank you for sharing the information :)

Produk Herbal Original
Sehat Dengan Herbal
Cara Ampuh Menyembuhkan Penyakit
Pengobatan Herbal Batu Ginjal
Obat Ampuh Sembuhkan Penyakit
Obat Gagal Ginjal

 

Post a Comment

<< Home